If you love chili as much as I do, then I think you are going to absolutely love this sweet potato chili recipe. Made in the Instant Pot, it tastes like it has been simmering away on the stovetop all day even though it is ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I love recipes like that! Don’t you?
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili makes a hearty, delicious chili recipe in minutes! Made with ground beef, sweet potatoes, and packed with flavor!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3½ cups or 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- diced avocado
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting. Add olive oil to the interior pot, followed by the diced onion. Saute until tender and then add minced garlic, ground pork, and ground beef. Cook, stirring frequently, until the pork and beef are browned. Add sweet potato, celery, crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to combine well and situate the top onto the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to 10 minutes of High Pressure using the Manual setting. Allow to release pressure naturally and then carefully release any additional pressure before removing the top of the Instant Pot.
- Serve the chili with any additional toppings desired
If you liked this article, please share it, Cariet.com Thank you