Recipe Pressure Cooker Lentil Soup for instant pot
Prep Time: 5 Mins
cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
Warm, comforting lentil soup can be in your belly in just 20 minutes start to finish using a pressure cooker.
Author: Beth Hornback | Eat Within Your Means
- 1 cup red lentils sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup green/brown lentils sorted and rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 t . cumin
- 1 1/2 t . smoked paprika
- 1 t . salt
- 2 inch carrots sliced into 1/4 pieces
- 2 celery stalks diced (optional)
- 1 lb . waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold or Red Bliss (I used a blend that included purple potatoes)
- 1 bunch Rainbow Chard or similar greens chopped, such as spinach
- 8 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pressure Cooker Instructions
- Heat pressure cooker on medium heat, or set to Saute function if using an electric model, such as an Instant Pot.
- Saute onions, garlic, spices, carrots, celery, and potatoes for 3-5 minutes, or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in the lentils to combine.
- Add water to cover.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure. Once at pressure, reduce heat to maintain pressure and cook for 3 minutes. If using an electric model, the pressure will be maintained automatically.
- Use the quick release method to release the pressure until it is safe to unlock the lid.
- Stir in the chard, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions, garlic, spices, carrots, celery, and potatoes over for 3-5 minutes, until the onions have softened.
- Stir in the lentils and water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chard.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
If you liked this article, you can share it in your social networks. thank you very much